5.04.2016

April Favorites


Oh, how April came and left... This month, (well, last month...it's already May...) my favorites are simple. Simple makeup/beauty items and simple tools that spark creativity. Although they are simple, they certainly stood out to me in the month of April for a reason. 





The first beauty item in my April favorites is the Make Up For Ever Mattifying Primer. I love this primer because I have definitely noticed that it really works well for my skin and it really does mattify. Whether I use foundation or a BB cream, I notice that both tend to slowly fade away throughout the day with other primers I have tried. After using the Make Up For Ever Primer, I notice that any makeup I wear on top of it stays in place. To use it, I like to apply it on my t-zone, where I tend to get oily and even apply it as a primer for my eyebrows. I find that it works well as a base for any brow product I use. I was surprised to have finally found a primer that actually makes my makeup last. 


In April, I discovered the French Girl Rose Lip Polish, a lip scrub. Because of it, I have developed a nightly lip exfoliating routine. Well, maybe not nightly, but at least twice a week. I like to apply this with a cotton swab and I find that it works better that way. I like that it's minty, sweet, and smells fresh. After applying it and exfoliating, I actually like to rinse it off and I will then apply the FAB Ultra Repair Lip Therapy. I like to leave it on overnight. The next morning my lips are so smooth and ready for any matte lip products! 





 Since it is Spring and any pink or rosy makeup product is fine with me, I like to use the Ben Nye Lip Colour Pencil in "Natural." It adds just the right amount of pink to my lips, while still looking very natural. It's definitely a "my lips but better" lip color. 



 To go along with that lip color, I loved using the Benefit Blush in "Hervana." When blended together, it becomes a cool light pink. What I like about this blush is that I could build it up if I want it to be a little more of a warm rose. I think this is definitely my go-to blush for spring.   




Last but not least, my new favorite stamps and ink pads. I discovered the "planner community" a while back and was recently introduced to the Sweet Stamp Shop by my sister, who is a fellow planner girl. I had seen so many shops selling clear/acrylic stamps but never really had the need to purchase some... until I saw the ones my sister purchased for herself from the Sweet Stamp Shop. 
After looking at hers, I definitely had to get some of my own! Going to their website is dangerous though, as you'll want to buy them all! They're just all so cute. I love all the designs and the quality is really good. They definitely helped in, not only making my planner look better, but also in organizing it and motivating me to stick to my schedule and goals. I hadn't used stamps in a really long time and I realized that I needed ink. So I tried some of the cheaper inks you could find at Michael's or Joann but then I tried some of the Versa Color ink pads and loved them! Soon after trying just a few, I found that I wanted to use colors I didn't have. So yeah, that prompted me into purchasing more. It may seem like I have all the colors they have, but nope... there's a lot more!
 


Maybe soon I'll show a peek into my planner... Maybe not... We'll see. *blushing face*



*Discalimer-Not affiliated with links.

No comments:

Post a Comment